The School of Public Policy invites students of the School (RANEPA) to join a summer student’s sociological expedition in Issyk-Kul region of Kyrgyzstan.
Dates: from 18 to 31 July 2015.
The expedition is devoted to the field research of small Kyrgyz villages during 2 weeks. The research question is about the changes in traditional lifestyle under the influence of mass labor migration to Russia. The group leaders are very experienced field sociologists Evgeniy Varshaver and Anna Rochevaya.
We invite students who are ready for a serious field work in unknown society at a very spectacular region of Kyrgyzstan on the shore of Issyk-Kul lake. During the expedition, participants get the opportunity to learn methods and techniques of fieldwork and to conduct a sociological research from the beginning to the end.
The participation in the expedition contains a preparatory stage which includes reading the relevant texts about traditional societies, discussion and exploration of the basic information about Kyrgyzstan.
* The competition is for second year undergraduate students and older (masters’ and PhD students are welcome) whose English is good enough to read scientific texts. Kyrgyz language proficiency is an advantage.
** Those who will match the criteria (social studies, experience, strong motivation) will be invited to the interview. The results will be announced after May the 1-st.
Cost of participation:
· There is full coverage of costs for the RANEPA SPP students who will be selected after the competition.
· The competitors from other universities (from Russia or abroad) will cover their costs themselves. They are also eligible to apply for a grant covering all the expenses of the expedition (the intention to apply for the grant should be mentioned in motivation letter)
· There is 100% tuition weaver for the students of SPP selected after the competition including:
o A program of the trip, supervising, transfer, accommodation, transport in the country, air tickets.
o Not included:
§ food and personal expenses.
§ Discounts for students of other faculties are not offered.
1. Send your request to e-mail: email@example.com (please write “Kyrgyzstan” as the theme of the letter)
2. Motivation letter and your CV in Russian or English along with the application form should be submitted to summer.Kyrgyzstan.firstname.lastname@example.org till April 23, 2015 (23:59).
For more details please contact: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.orgThis time SPP Online questioned SPP Visiting Associate Professor in Contemporary History teaching “History” and “Great Books and Ideas” for the students studying the Global Governance and Leadership Program, enritely taught in English. He studied at University of Naples Federico II, one of the most ancient in Europe, and discussed his Ph.D. at the Institute of Human Sciences, which now is part of Scuola Normale di Pisa. He cannot live without good coffee, and he loves to observe and joke about Naples and Neapolitan culture, playing neapolitan cards with friends and daughters.
So Giovanni Savino — about history, books, education in Russia and more else.
Ph: Alina Dremaylova (SPP Online)back to list